Robert Gresham – Bio
Attorney Robert Gresham holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in African American Studies from Purdue University and a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Capital University Law School. Robert is devoted to fighting for justice on behalf of his clients. He is an experienced Ohio attorney with a diverse practice in the areas of Personal Injury Car and Trucking Accident Claims, Slip and Fall Claims, Police Brutality Claims, Civil Rights Litigation, Medical Malpractice, Wrongful Death, Catastrophic Injury, Nursing Home Neglect, Criminal Defense, Business Litigation, and Construction Litigation across the nation. Robert also counsels and advises professionals and businesses on how to resolve disputes or avoid litigation.
Robert is admitted to practice law in Ohio, the Federal Court of Southern District of Ohio, and the Ohio Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition for 2010.
Robert is active in various professional organizations including the Ohio State Bar Association where he served as one of the youngest elected members to the Board of Governors and as Chair to the Association’s Advisory Council on Diversity Issues. He currently serves as chair for Thurgood Marshall Law Society; member of the Montgomery County Public Defender Commission; and former chair of the Dayton Bar Association Diversity Issues Committee.
Robert was one of the youngest members to serve as a commissioner on the Supreme Court of Ohio Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline where he presided over cases involving professional neglect and malpractice claims against Ohio attorneys.
Robert speaks frequently and extensively on the issue of Miranda Rights and Community-Police Interactions throughout Ohio. He frequently lectures and speaks to middle school, high school, and college students on a wide variety educational issues.
- Presenter, “Preventing Trayvon Martin Type Incidents,” Black Man’s Think Tank, Wesley Community Center, Dayton, Ohio. (August 29, 2013)
- Panelist, “Voluntary Inclusion in the Criminal Justice System,” City of Dayton Human Relations Council, Dayton, Ohio. ( July 30, 2013)
- Panelist, “Stand Your Ground”, Central State University Law Day, Wilberforce, Ohio. (September 17, 2013)
- Speaker, “Stand Your Ground/Know Your Rights,” Thurgood Marshall High School. (April 25, 2014)
- Speaker, “Know Your Rights When Interacting With Police,” Dayton Early Childhood Academy. (May 19, 2014)
- Speaker, “Law and Leadership Institute,” University of Dayton School of Law, (July 14, 2014)
- Panelists, “Brother’s Keeper Law Initiative,” Capital University Law School. (November 1, 2014)
- Presenter, “Community Compliance and Knowing Your Rights,” City of Dayton Community Initiative to Reduce Gun Violence and Community Police Council. (April 9, 2015)
- Keynote Speaker, “Black Law Students’ Association Joseph Cinque Banquet,” University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio. (April 10, 2015)
Ohio State Bar Association
Dayton Bar Association
Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association
Thurgood Marshall Law Society
American Trial Lawyers Association
Ohio Association for Justice
American Association for Justice