Being The Victim Of An Auto Accident Can Be Confusing, Frustrating, And Painful. To Make The Process Easier Auto Accident Victims Will File Ohio Personal Injury Claims To Help With Paperwork, Mounting Bills, And Lost Wages.
If you or your loved one has been in a car accident, you probably know firsthand about pain and suffering, the pressure of mounting medical bills, and the stress of missing work. When you have been in an auto accident at no fault of your own, you deserve to be compensated for your pain, lost wages, and medical expenses, and filing Ohio personal injury claims can help you do just that.
How You Can Help With Your Ohio Personal Injury Claim
The Ohio personal injury claims process can be lengthy and complex, which is why most people choose to seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. However, to make the process easier and move faster, there are things you should do, including:
- Do not leave the scene, call the police as soon as the accident happens to make a report
- Be sure to take pictures of the other auto involved, as well as, the accident scene
- Record the details of your accident, any injury you may have suffered and any known vehicle damage
- Record the date of the accident, where it occurred, and what events immediately followed the crash
- Keep a calendar of all doctor appointments and any diagnoses
- Keep a file that includes all medical reports, test results, and treatments ordered
- Write down the names of all medications ordered and for how long you are to take them
- Write down any treatments ordered and their duration
- Record all the dates that you missed work, as well as wages lost
- Record any statements you may have made and who you made them too
- Write down the details of any discussions you have had with your insurance company and any with the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Write down where your vehicle is located and any known damage
- Update your attorney regularly, with any new medical issues, treatments, medications, or details about your vehicle
All of this information will be used by your personal injury attorney to draft the initial demand letter for compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering. The at-fault driver’s insurance company will usually try to draw the process out, however, your personal injury attorney will continue to negotiate with the company and keep you up-to-date with details of the process. Before accepting or rejecting any offer made by the at-fault driver’s insurance company, seek the advice of your personal injury attorney.
About Wright & Schulte LLC
As an experienced Ohio auto accident and personal injury law firms, Wright & Schulte LLC Ohio handles cases on behalf of injured clients in the areas of bus/truck/automobile accidents, personal injury, product liability, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse. The attorneys and staff at Wright & Schulte LLC Ohio are committed to upholding the standards of excellence set by its founding partner in representing all of their clients. For over 40 years, Wright & Schulte LLC’s team of highly experienced Ohio lawyers have continually fought for justice for all of its Ohio clients. If you have been injured in an Ohio bus/car/truck accident, call the experienced accident lawyers at Ohio’s full-service law firm “Wright & Schulte LLC” today at 937-222-7477.