You are currently viewing Do You Have Enough Ohio Car Insurance?

Do You Have Enough Ohio Car Insurance?

In case of an Ohio car accident, it’s very important your car insurance covers others and you. In Ohio, there are three main types of car insurance: UM/UIM (uninsured/underinsured motorist), BI (bodily injury), and PDL (property damage liability). Do you have enough automobile insurance coverage?

Uninsured/Underinsured Insurance

Ohio roadways are full of motorist without insurance. UM insurance protects you if you’re injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver. Wright & Schulte has had many clients who were badly injured in an accident caused by someone without insurance or not enough insurance. Without UM/UIM insurance, those clients were left without the ability to collect the full value of their injuries. We recommend you have no less than $100,000 in coverage.

Bodily Injury Liability Insurance

BI, or bodily injury, insurance pays for any serious injuries, permanent injuries or deaths that you, or any family member living with you, causes in an automobile accident (even if the car belongs to someone else). It may also cover other drivers driving your car as long as they had your permission. In Ohio, all drivers must have a minimum of $25,000 for injuries or death (per person), $50,000 total for injuries or death to 2 people or more, in any 1 accident. We recommend you have at least of $100,000 in bodily injury insurance.

Property Damage Insurance

Ohio requires all drivers to have a minimum of $25,000 in Property Damage Liability (PDL) insurance. PDL protects you for any damage you cause to someone’s property in an automobile accident. There are a lot of expensive cars on the roadways. You don’t want to be underinsured for PDL if you crash into a Mercedes or even worse a Ferrari! We recommend you have at least $50,000 – $100,000 in PDL coverage.

Find more information about vehicle accidents here.  If you have been involved in a car accident, please contact Wright & Schulte at (937) 222-7477.